We would like to inform you that in accordance with the provisions of Government Decision no. 385/03.12.2019 for the extension of the terms provided for in art. 3(1) and art. 5 of Government Decision no. 1476/2009 regarding the establishment of measures to ensure the application of Regulation (EC) no. 1.371/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of October 23, 2007 on the rights and obligations of passengers in railway transport, the national railway passenger services are exempt from the application of the provisions of Regulation no. 1371/2007 on the rights and obligations of passengers in railway transport, regarding the compensation of passengers for domestic traffic until 03.12.2024.
The passengers are informed about these aspects on the page of the official website www.cfrcalatori.ro in the INTERNATIONAL section, chapter USEFUL INFORMATION – Regulation 1371/2007 for national railway transport services.
SNTFC “CFR Călători” SA, as the main provider of railway passenger transport services in Romania, in fulfillment of the public service obligation of national interest, complies with the provisions of the Regulation on railway transport in Romania approved by Government Decision no. 7/2005, with subsequent amendments and additions, and of the Uniform Norms regarding railway transport in Romania approved by OMT no. 655/2007, with subsequent amendments and additions.
According to the Regulation on railway transport in Romania approved by Government Decision no. 7/2005, with subsequent amendments and additions:
“Art. 9 – Admission to transport. Persons excluded from transport. Conditional admission…..
(3) On board the train and in the stations, the following persons are not allowed or may be evacuated:
1. a) persons who, through their behavior, disrupt public order, contravene the norms of public conduct and good morals or who cause damage to the rolling stock belonging to the railway transport operator or who do not comply with the provisions of this regulation. Those persons are not even entitled to a refund of the journey costs;
At the same time, the railway staff on duty who find passengers who through their behavior cause a scandal on board the trains or in the premises of the railway units, will deal with them by writing up a contravention report, the respective persons being excluded from transport. The treatment by writing up the contravention report is done in compliance with the provisions of Government Decision no. 203/1994.
According to the provisions of Government Decision no. 203/1994, with subsequent amendments and additions,
“Art. 2. – the following acts constitute contraventions against the rules regarding transport on Romanian railways, if they were not committed under such conditions that, according to the criminal law, they would be considered crimes:
19. unlawfully disturbing the peace of passengers by making noise with any device or object or by shouting, noise or other forms;
20. indecent behavior and inappropriate behavior towards other passengers and railway staff on duty of or preventing them from fulfilling their duties;
21. causing a scandal on board the means of transport or in the premises of railway units;
22. the refusal of passenger-consumers to leave the restaurant-coach or the bar-coach after closing time or at the justified request of an employee who serves in the respective coach;
In such cases, the support of the Transport Police in order to enforce the law, shall be requested.
The regulation regarding transport on railways in Romania states that “Passengers who possess tickets valid for the train, route and class chosen for the trip are admitted to transport”.
When traveling on board trains with a seat reservation regime, the sale of tickets with a reserved seat is limited to the available seats on the train. Issuance of “no reserved seat” tickets is done only for the 2nd class, after running out of all 2nd class seats and only on the day of train departure. The maximum number of “no reserved seat” tickets allowed on the train is established according to each individual case (type of train, coach, etc.).
At 1st class, no tickets are issued without a seat. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance.
The normative acts in force, respectively Government Decision no. 7/2005 and Law no. 32/1994, have provisions regarding the discounts/sponsorships granted by railway transport operators, namely:
- Railway transport operators can grant facilities or tariff reductions based on the provisions of some normative acts, only if the authority, agent, respectively the legal entity that requested the facility or reduction ensures the necessary compensations” – provision in art. 4(6) of G.D. no. 7/2005 for the approval of the regulation regarding railway transports in Romania, republished.
- SNTFC “CFR Calatori” SA cannot carry out sponsorships/discounts because it benefits from budget compensations, so it cannot grant discounted or free tickets for other categories of people than those who legally benefit from them – according to the normative acts in force – provision of art. 3 of the Sponsorship Law no. 32/1994 with subsequent amendments and additions.
To make trips with CFR Călători trains, in domestic traffic, the beneficiary can opt for an existing commercial offer available to the passengers and which ensures substantial discounts as follows:
- The TrainPlus card that offers a 25% discount on any trip for a year, card price 140 lei;
- Advance ticket, with discounts between 5-10%
- Round-trip ticket with 10% discount
- for children up to 5 years old, if no separate seat is requested, the transport is FREE;
- for children up to 5 years old, for whom a separate seat is required, and for those between 5 and 10 years old, a 50% discount is granted.
Information about these offers is posted on the company’s website at www.cfrcalatori.ro.
The offers can be purchased from ticket offices in stations and CFR agencies, but also online from the web address www.cfrcalatori.ro.
According to the provisions of Law no. 349/2002 for the prevention and combating the effects of the consumption of tobacco products, with subsequent amendments and additions, we would like to specify that:
- Smoking is prohibited in all closed public spaces, including in public transport (art. 3(1)),
- Means of public transport refers to any vehicle used for the paid transport of people (art. 2. letter n1),
- in the spaces provided for in art. 2 letter n1) including the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited (art. 3(12)).