CFR Călători invites you to discover every weekend a touristic destination in Romania!
Because the Easter holidays are approaching, we suggest you to travel by train to the most beautiful Easter fairs in the country!
Craiova – the city with the most beautiful Easter market in Europe in 2022 – awaits you at the opening of the Easter Market 2023, Saturday, April 01!
To see the train timetable to Craiova, as well as the price of train tickets, click here.
Choose the round-trip ticket and you will benefit of a 10% discount on the train of any rank (Regio, InterRegio, Intercity) in 1st or 2nd class!
Or buy a TrenPlus Card and you will have a 25% discount on Regio and Interregio trains! In addition, you will be able to travel wherever you want with the same 25% discount within one year from the card issuance date!
Round-trip tickets are not issued on the departure day of the outgoing train! The ticket must be purchased at least one day before the trip!
The TrenPlus card cannot be purchased with validity from the day of issue!
For these offers, tickets can be bought online or from ticket machines and ticket offices in the train station or travel agencies.
– CFR Călători train tickets can be bought from the ticket machines in the stations at least 5 minutes before the train departure or online, until the train departure time, with a 5% discount!
– Pupils, students and retired persons benefit from facilities!
– If you have many friends and will travel together, you can benefit from the group discount! The group discount is given according to the number of people in the group and starts from 15%!
– group of at least 20 people
– discounts are granted on Regio or Interregio trains, 2nd class, single journey, for requests made at least 6 days in advance (calculated without the current day)
– the GROUP offer can only be purchased at the ticket offices of CFR Călători stations and travel agencies
– the discounts are granted to all members of the group and cannot be combined with other discounts or facilities (students, retired persons, etc.)
– the price for booking a place in a class car, respectively for the bed supplement for booking a sleeping car or berth, is paid in full for each member of the group
– for the trip in class 1 or Intercity train, the corresponding tariff differences for each member of the group will be paid in full.
The Easter Fair in Craiova, which will take place in the Romanescu Park, will have as theme the story “Alice in Wonderland” and will remain open until May 1st.
The organizers invite visitors to a magical and colorful universe, in the belle view area of Romanescu Park, where they will be greeted by characters from the story.
“Gingerbread” houses, decorations, story playgrounds, boats, karting circuit, zoo, terrarium, bunnies, but also other animals that children can take care of, shows – these are some of the surprises prepared by the organizers.
The 2023 Easter Market will be open daily from 12.00 – 20.00 and will offer a variety of traditional products, from painted eggs and sweets, to handicrafts and souvenirs. Fair details, click here!
Craiova is waiting for you to discover it! Top touristic attractions:
- Casa Băniei – the oldest civil building in Craiova, rebuilt by Constantin Brâncoveanu, the place where the Divan of Craiova used to gather; currently, the Ethnography Section of the Oltenia Museum is located here
- Jean Mihail Palace – one of the most beautiful architectural monuments in the city, which was in the past the residence of Jean Mihail, one of the richest Romanians; currently, the building houses the Art Museum, which holds seven sculptures by Constantin Brâncuși, but also works by the painters Constantin Lecca, Theodor Aman, Ștefan Luchian and Nicolae Tonitza
- Administrative Palace – one of the most beautiful neo-Romanian style buildings in the city, which houses the Dolj Prefecture and County Council
- Banca Comerțului Palace – monumental building, which currently houses the Craiova City Hall
- The Palace of Justice – today, the headquarters of the University of Craiova, Nicolae Romanescu House – the headquarters of the University House, Constantin Poenaru House, the Vorvorenilor Palace – the current headquarters of the Metropolitanate of Oltenia
- Saint Dumitru Metropolitan Cathedral, Madonna Dudu Church, Coșuna Monastery (the oldest building in Craiova)
- Old fountains – historical monuments: Jianu Fountain (located in the Botanical Garden), Purcarului Fountain, Popova Fountain
- Romanescu Park – the largest natural park in Eastern Europe, which won the gold medal at the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1900, within which there are several points of attraction: the Enchanted Castle, the Bibescu House, the Suspension Bridge, the Theater of Summer, Zoo, The Belle Vue, Hippodrome
- The Botanical Garden – one of the landscape masterpieces of the city, in which, in addition to the wide variety of plants, the three lakes and the stream, which starts from the Jianu Fountain and crosses the garden, stand out.
We are waiting for you at the Easter Fair in Craiova!
Other articles on the same subject:
Weekend destinations with CFR Călători! Timisoara – Easter Fair click here