And because the Easter holidays is approaching, we suggest you travel by train to the most beautiful Easter fairs in the country!
Timișoara – the 2023 European Capital of Culture – is waiting for you at the opening of the Easter Market on Saturday, March the 25th 2023, on the day of Annunciation!
In order to view the timetable for Timișoara, as well as the price of the train tickets, click here.
Choose the round ticket and you will benefit from a 10% discount on trains of any rank (Regio, InterRegio, Intercity) in the 1st or 2nd classes!
Or buy a TrenPlus Card and you will benefit from a 25% discount on Regio and Interregio trains! In addition, you will be able to travel wherever you want with the same 25% discount within one year from the card’s issuance date!Note: Round tickets are not issued on the departure day of the outgoing train! The ticket must be purchased at least one day before traveling!
The TrenPlus Card cannot be purchased with validity from the day it is issued!
For these offers, tickets can be bought online or from ticket vending machines and from ticket offices in the railway stations or travel agencies.
More information at:
- CFR Călători train tickets can be bought from the ticket vending machines in the railway stations up to 5 minutes before the train’s departure or online, up to the departure time of the train, with a 5% discount!
More at: https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/reducere-5-la-automatele-de-bilete-online/
- Pupils, students and retirees benefit from facilities!
- If you have many friends and you travel together, you can benefit from the group discount! The group discount is given according to the number of people in the group and starts from 15%!
– group consisting of at least 20 people
– discounts are granted on Regio or Interregio trains, 2nd class, single journey, for requests made with at least 6 days in advance (calculated without the current day)
– the GROUP offer can only be purchased at the ticket offices in the railway stations and from CFR Călători travel agencies
– discounts are granted to all members of the group and cannot be cumulated with other discounts or facilities (student, retiree, etc.)
– the price of the seat reservation in a day coach, respectively of the bed supplement for the sleeping or berth coach reservation is paid in full for each member of the group
– for travelling in 1st class coach or Intercity train, the corresponding fare differences for each member of the group will be paid in full.
The Timișoara Easter Fair, which will take place in Liberty Square, awaits its visitors with all kinds of handmade products, starting with sweets and inked eggs, to decorations, souvenirs or jewelry and can be visited until April the 18th, 2023, inclusive.
The organizers have prepared demonstration workshops of egg painting, ceramic painting, wood painting, floral arrangements, children shows, recitals, dance performances and theater – a program designed to bring together young and old in anticipation of the Resurrection. Full program here:
Now, that you arrived in the 2023 European Capital of Culture, don’t miss the ongoing cultural events:
- „Victor Brauner: Inventions and Magic”, the most important retrospective exhibition in Eastern Europe dedicated to the surrealist artist of Romanian origin
- „Paul Neagu. A retrospective” is the first exhibition of such scope dedicated to Paul Neagu (1938–2004), artist of Romanian origin who lived and worked in London since 1971, https://timisoara2023.eu/ro/evenimente/paul-neagu-o-retrospectiva/
– The Central collective exhibition Chronic Desire –in different spaces in the city: the Maria Theresia Bastion, The Timișoara Garrison Command, The “Corneliu Miklosi” Public Transport Museum and The Ștefania Palace
- The Nursery Architecture Installation – 1306 Plants for Timișoara.
Timișoara, also known as „The Little Vienna” due to its Viennese-inspired architecture, is waiting for you to discover it! Top tourist attractions:
- Victory Square or the former Opera Square – the symbol of the Romanian Revolution, with the Romanian Opera, the National Theatre, the Metropolitan Cathedral, dedicated to the “Three Holy Hierarchs”, the largest religious building in the city, but also Weiss and Lloyd Palaces, The Statue of the Lupa Capitolina, The Fish Fountain
- Union Square – the oldest market in Timisoara, located inside the walls of the former fortress, with the baroque style constructions – The Roman Catholic Cathedral (Saint George’s Cathedral), The Baroque Palace, in the premises of which is located The National Museum of Art, The Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, The Holy Trinity Monument, The House of Brück, The Houses of the Canons
- Liberty Square – The House of Atlanteans, The Old Town Hall, The Military Casino, The Monument of St. Mary and St. John Nepomuk
- The historical neighborhoods of Timișoara – Citadel, Iosefin, Elisabetin, Fabric – with impressive architecture buildings, brightly colored and richly ornamented
- The Huniade Castle – the oldest building in Timișoara
- The Maria Theresa Bastion – it is the only bastion that still exists from the Citadel of Timisoara, also known as The Bastion of the Fortress
- The Banat Village Museum, The Beer Factory, The Millenium Church, The Synagogue from the Factory.
Timișoara also invites you to take a walk through its parks – The Central Parc, The Botanical Park, The Queen Mary Park, The Children’s Park, The Justice Park, The Park of the Roses – that earned it’s reputation as the “City of Parks “ – and why not, for a boat ride on The Bega River!
We are waiting for you at the Timișoara Easter Fair!
Other articles on the same subject:
Weekend destinations with CFR Călători! Craiova – Easter Fair click here